Egg Salad Sandwich
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 290
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Protein: 20g
- Fat: 8.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Sodium: 877mg
- Cholesterol: 213mg
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons nonfat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon canned sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion, including green tops
- Salt and pepper
- 2 slices (about 2 oz. total) whole-wheat or 7-grain bread
- 1/2 cup (3/4 oz.) alfalfa sprouts
- 1. With a fork, beat egg, egg whites, and 1 tablespoon water to blend.
- 2. Set a 6- to 8-inch nonstick frying pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the egg mixture. As mixture sets, use a wide spatula to lift up the cooked portion and let liquid flow underneath until the eggs are cooked as you like.
- 3. Pour cooked eggs into a bowl and break into bite-size pieces with a fork. Let stand to cool slightly.
- 4. Mix mayonnaise, mustard, olives, and onion. Add mixture to eggs and mix. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5. Spoon egg salad evenly over a bread slice. Top with alfalfa sprouts and the remaining slice of bread.
- Note: If you use purchased egg substitute (1/2 cup) skip step 1.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This