Easy, fast, entire family loved it! paired with a cup of lentil soup and a beer. (kids orage juice)
Egg Salad Sandwich
A touch of lemon rind and sour cream adds a bright note to creamy egg salad. To pack for lunch, keep the egg salad chilled, and store the bread and lettuce separately; build your sandwich when you're ready to eat.
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 12 Minutes
- Calories: 404
- Fat: 16.5g
- Saturated fat: 4.2
- Monounsaturated fat: 7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 20.8g
- Carbohydrate: 40.6g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 430mg
- Iron: 3.6mg
- Sodium: 746mg
- Calcium: 79mg
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 8 hard-cooked large eggs
- 8 (1 1/2-ounce) slices peasant bread or firm sandwich bread, toasted
- 4 large Boston lettuce leaves
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well.
- 2. Cut 2 eggs in half lengthwise; reserve 2 yolks for another use. Coarsely chop egg whites and whole eggs. Add eggs to mayonnaise mixture; stir gently to combine.
- 3. Arrange 4 toast slices on a cutting board or work surface. Top each toast slice with 1 lettuce leaf, 1/2 cup egg mixture, and 1 toast slice. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note