- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons nonfat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon canned sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion, including green tops
- Salt and pepper
- 2 slices (about 2 oz. total) whole-wheat or 7-grain bread
- 1/2 cup (3/4 oz.) alfalfa sprouts
- calories 290
- caloriesfromfat 26 %
- protein 20 g
- fat 8.4 g
- satfat 2.2 g
- carbohydrate 33 g
- fiber 4.8 g
- sodium 877 mg
- cholesterol 213 mg
How to Make It
With a fork, beat egg, egg whites, and 1 tablespoon water to blend.
Set a 6- to 8-inch nonstick frying pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the egg mixture. As mixture sets, use a wide spatula to lift up the cooked portion and let liquid flow underneath until the eggs are cooked as you like.
Pour cooked eggs into a bowl and break into bite-size pieces with a fork. Let stand to cool slightly.
Mix mayonnaise, mustard, olives, and onion. Add mixture to eggs and mix. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Spoon egg salad evenly over a bread slice. Top with alfalfa sprouts and the remaining slice of bread.
Note: If you use purchased egg substitute (1/2 cup) skip step