- 2/3 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 4 large hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon minced sweet onion
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 12 very thin white or wheat sandwich bread slices, lightly toasted
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh spinach
- Garnish: whole fresh chives
How to Make It
Stir together 1/3 cup mayonnaise and next 7 ingredients.
Spread remaining 1/3 cup mayonnaise evenly over 1 side of each bread slice. Spread 4 bread slices, mayonnaise side up, evenly with half of egg salad. Top evenly with half of spinach and 4 bread slices.
Repeat procedure with remaining egg salad, spinach, and bread slices. Cut each sandwich into quarters; garnish, if desired.
Sweet-Pickle Egg Salad Club: Omit bacon and chives. Add 2 tablespoons instant potato flakes and 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish; proceed with recipe as directed.
Shrimp-Egg Salad Club: Omit bacon. Add 2/3 cup finely chopped boiled shrimp, 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind, and 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper. Proceed with recipe as directed.