I dunno...my egg salad has pickles. I missed the pickles. BLTs are perfect sandwiches. I don't think the egg salad really adds anything here. I probably won't make it again. But I can see how other people would really like it.
Egg Salad BLTs
Combine crunchy bacon, creamy egg salad, and fresh tomatoes for a quick sandwich. To lighten this egg salad, yolks from two of the eight eggs are removed. A touch of lemon rind and sour cream add a piquant edge.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 371
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 11.7g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 21.9g
- Carbohydrate: 44g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 329mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 892mg
- Calcium: 70mg
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 8 hard-cooked large eggs
- 8 (1 1/2-ounce) slices peasant bread or firm sandwich bread, toasted
- 4 center-cut bacon slices, cooked and cut in half crosswise
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato
- 4 large Boston lettuce leaves
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well.
- Cut 2 eggs in half lengthwise; reserve 2 yolks for another use. Coarsely chop remaining egg whites and whole eggs. Add eggs to mayonnaise mixture; stir gently to combine.
- Arrange 4 bread slices on a cutting board or work surface. Top each bread slice with 1/2 cup egg mixture, 2 bacon pieces, 2 tomato slices, 1 lettuce leaf, and 1 bread slice. Serve sandwich immediately.
- Beer note: A basic guideline of pairing a beverage with food is "like with like," and bread and beer are yeasty kindreds. With an Egg Salad BLT sandwich, reach for a Samuel Adams Pale Ale ($7). The bready yeast and malt flavors are balanced with bitter hops that add some welcome snap to the meal. A cold, characterful American pale ale is also a more thirst-quenching choice than wine. --Jeffery Lindenmuth
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This