Egg and Pepper Pitas
Janet Gorman, 59, Quincy, Mass.
"When my husband and I are rushed or just plain lazy, we like to throw together this speedy supper."
More From Allyou
- Calories: 383
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 19g
- Carbohydrate: 37g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 423mg
- Sodium: 1281mg
- 1 7-inch whole-wheat pita, halved, pocket opened
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small green or red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon seeded, minced jalapeño
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Wrap pita in foil and place in oven to warm. Warm oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper and jalapeño and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 2. Season eggs with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add eggs to skillet and cook, stirring constantly, until eggs are scrambled but still slightly soft, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and stir in cilantro. Remove pita from oven, unwrap, spoon egg mixture into pockets, top with avocado and salsa and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note