Fairly quick and easy. Next time I'll try adding the Parmesan cheese at the very end as it tended to become gummy and clumped somewhat during the last few minutes of cooking.
Egg Noodles with Peas and Brown Butter
These dressed-up noodles pair well with beef, poultry, and most types of fish.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 2/3 cup)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 158
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 5.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 21.5g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 29mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 267mg
- Calcium: 69mg
- 1 (8-ounce) package uncooked medium egg noodles
- 2 1/2 tablespoons light stick butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup frozen petite green peas
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain and set aside.
- 2. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; sauté 2 minutes or until garlic is lightly browned. Add cooked pasta, peas, and remaining ingredients; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note