Egg Noodles in Cream Sauce with Asiago
These noodles are divided just before serving: two servings are left plain for picky palates, while the others are daringly dressed with shiitake mushrooms and Asiago cheese.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 976
- Calories from fat: 68%
- Fat: 73.8g
- Saturated fat: 37.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 27.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Protein: 17.6g
- Carbohydrate: 56.8g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 265mg
- Iron: 3.8mg
- Sodium: 915mg
- Calcium: 390mg
- 3 quart water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 (8-oz.) package wide egg noodles
- 2 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 3/4 cup frozen sweet peas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1. Combine water and chicken bouillon granules in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Add noodles, and cook according to package directions. Drain and return to Dutch oven.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine whipping cream, wine, and salt in a large saucepan; cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until reduced to 2 cups.
- 3. Sauté mushrooms and peas in hot olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- 4. Pour cream mixture over noodles; toss to coat. To serve, divide noodle mixture evenly among 4 serving plates. For plain servings, top 2 portions with Parmesan cheese. For grown-up servings, top remaining 2 portions with mushroom mixture, Asiago cheese, and white pepper. Stir gently to blend.
- MENU IDEA FOR 4 * Egg Noodles in Cream Sauce with Asiago * Spinach salad
- GROCERIES NEEDED Check staples: chicken bouillon granules, salt, olive oil, grated Parmesan cheese, white pepper, salad dressing * 1 (8-oz.) package wide egg noodles * 1 qt. whipping cream * 1 bottle dry white wine or 1 (14-oz.) can chicken broth * 4 oz. shiitake mushrooms * 1 package frozen sweet peas * 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese * 1 (12-oz.) package fresh spinach
- NOTE: Nutritional analysis is for grown-up entrée servings. For plain servings, nutritional analysis is as follows: CALORIES 703 (69% from fat); FAT 53.6g (sat 31g, mono 16g, poly 0.8g); PROTEIN 7.3g; CARB 45.3g; FIBER 1.7g; CHOL 242mg; IRON 2.1mg; SODIUM 794mg; CALC 146mg
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note