More From Southern Living
Bake: 30 Minutes
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 1 (8-ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 (26-ounce) jar tomato-basil pasta sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh mascarpone cheese*
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Prepare egg noodles according to package directions. Drain noodles, and set aside.
- Cook ground beef, green onions, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring 10 minutes or until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain well.
- Stir in tomato-basil pasta sauce and pepper. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir together egg noodles, mascarpone cheese, 1 cup sour cream, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt until blended.
- Layer half each of egg noodle mixture and ground beef mixture in a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese, and bake 5 more minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- *1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese may be substituted for fresh mascarpone cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note