Very rich, very sweet as is. I would heat it at the lower end of the medium spectrum and probably use half the sugar. The first time I cooked it at too high a setting, and it ended up like custard. I might try a little less vanilla next time, too.
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Garnishes: whipped cream, grated fresh nutmeg
- Stir together egg and sugar in a large saucepan; gradually stir in milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 18 to 20 minutes or until mixture thickens and coats a metal spoon. Remove from heat; stir in brandy, rum, and vanilla. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Beat whipping cream at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form; fold into chilled egg mixture. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note