this recipe was awful. it was suuuuper thin. i followed it exactly & it was terrible. im gonna have to get really creative now or all my ingredients are going to go to waste.
Egg, Lemon, and Rice Soup (Avgolemono Soupa)
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 117
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Protein: 12g
- Fat: 2.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 107mg
- Cholesterol: 106mg
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1/2 cup long-grain white rice
- Salt and pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1. In a medium pan over high heat, bring broth and rice to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until rice is tender to bite, 15 to 20 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- 2. In a bowl, whisk eggs, lemon juice, and 1/4 cup water to blend. Gradually whisk in about a cup of the hot broth mixture. Then gradually whisk egg mixture into broth and rice mixture. Stir over low heat just until hot, 1 to 3 minutes; don't boil or soup may curdle. Ladle into bowls.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Egg, Lemon, and Rice Soup (Avgolemono Soupa) Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This