Egg in a Hole With Smoked Salmon
Recipe by Dawn Perry, April 2011; from the Real Simple website: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/egg-hole-smoked-salmon-00000000055007/index.html.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 slice(s) country bread
- 1 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup(s) crÃ¨me fraÃ®che
- 4 ounce(s) smoked salmon
- 1 tablespoon(s) capers
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Black pepper
- 1. Using a cookie cutter or shot glass, cut a 3-inch hole in the center of each slice of bread. Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place the bread slices in the skillet, crack an egg into the center of each, and cook until the bread is golden and the whites are set, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- 2. Dividing evenly, top with the smoked salmon, crème fraîche, capers, and red onion; season with ¼ teaspoon pepper.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note