great for a lunch or quick dinner. very tasty, just not for company.
Egg, Avocado, and Crispy Prosciutto Pitas
Baking prosciutto intensifies its flavor and gives it a crispy texture in these breakfast sandwiches. If you're eating them on the go, just wrap them in waxed paper.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 263
- Calories from fat: 44%
- Protein: 16g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 23g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Sodium: 565mg
- Cholesterol: 194mg
- 2 slices (about 3/4 oz.) thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1/4 cup roasted red bell peppers, patted dry
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- About 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 whole-wheat pita bread, cut in half
- 2 hard-cooked large eggs, sliced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup baby arugula
- 1. Heat oven to 350°. Set a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet. Lay prosciutto on rack. Bake until crisp, about 20 minutes.
- 2. Whirl bell peppers, yogurt, 1/4 tsp. kosher salt, and the pepper in a food processor until blended. Add more salt to taste to dressing if you like.
- 3. Open pita halves carefully and coat each half with about 2 tbsp. dressing (reserve remaining dressing for another use).
- 4. Divide eggs, avocado, and arugula between pita halves. Wedge a prosciutto slice inside each pocket.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per pita half.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch