Egg and Lentil Curry
Community Recipe from
- 3 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil or ghee
- 1 whole(s) large onion chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic chopped
- 1 inch piece(s) fresh ginger root chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) chili powder or minced fresh chili
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1/3 cup(s) dry red split lentils
- 1 3/4 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 8 oz can(s) chopped tomatoes
- 6 whole(s) eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) coconut milk
- 2 whole(s) tomatoes cut into slices
- fresh cilantro to garnish
- 1) Melt the ghee in a saucepan (or pour in the vegetable oil), add the onion, and fry gently for 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic, ginger, chili, and spices and cook gently, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Stir in the lentils, stock, and tomatoes and allow to boil. Reduce the heat, cover, and let simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes, until the lentils are tender.
- 2) Meanwhile, place the eggs in a saucepan of cold water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and let simmer for 10 minutes. Drain and cover immediately with very cold water.
- 3) After the 30 minutes has passed, stir the coconut milk into the lentil mixture and season well with salt. Process the mixture in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- 4) Shell the hard cooked eggs and quarter the long way. Divide into 2-3 serving dishes. Arrange tomato wedges between each egg slice. Spoon the lentil mixture over the eggs and tomatoes, adding enough to flood the bowl. Garnish with cilantro sprigs and serve warm (tastes good cold, too!) with dipping bread.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LKennedyDVM and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Egg and Lentil Curry Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes