Egg in a Hole with Berries and Yogurt
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 371
- Calories from fat: 52%
- Protein: 15g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Sugars: 15g
- Fiber: 4g
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated fat: 12g
- Sodium: 580mg
- Cholesterol: 258mg
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 cup berries (such as blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
- Spread the top of each slice of bread with 1/2 tablespoon of the butter. Using a round cookie cutter or drinking glass, cut a 2 1/2- to 3-inch hole in the center of each slice of bread, reserving the cutout pieces.
Heat the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter in a large nonstick or cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Place the bread and the cutouts, buttered-side up, in the skillet. Crack 1 egg into each hole. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook until the underside of the bread is golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook the egg to desired doneness, 1 to 2 minutes for a runny yolk.
Divide the berries and yogurt between two bowls and sprinkle with the almonds (if using). Serve with the eggs.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note