Leo Gong, Dan Becker
- 1 3/4 cups shelled frozen edamame (10 oz. package)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 30 round wonton wrappers (3 1/2 in. diameter)
- Cilantro leaves
- Soy sauce, for serving
- 1. Cook edamame according to package instructions.
- 2. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water; drain edamame and set 3/4 cup aside.
- 3. In a blender, whirl remaining 1 cup edamame with ginger, lemon juice, salt, and about 1/3 to 1/2 cup reserved cooking water.
- 4. Transfer edamame paste to a bowl, mix with whole edamame and chives.
- 5. Bring a large, deep pot of salted water to a gentle boil and add vegetable oil.
- 6. Fill wonton wrappers with 1 tsp. edamame filling and top filling with a cilantro leaf (cover unfilled wrappers with a moist towel). Moisten wrapper edges with water, fold over filling, and press to seal. Boil wontons in batches until they float to surface, 2 minutes. Serve with soy sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers