- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups frozen shelled edamame
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, white and light green parts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 pound small cooked, peeled, deveined shrimp, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 8 slices whole-grain country bread, 1/2-inch thick
- Fresh herbs, such as parsley, thyme and/or chives, chopped, optional
- calories 459
- fat 20 g
- satfat 3 g
- protein 30 g
- carbohydrate 41 g
- fiber 9 g
- cholesterol 115 mg
- sodium 806 mg
How to Make It
Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add edamame and cook until soft but not mushy, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly.
Pulse edamame, 2 Tbsp. olive oil, 1/2 tsp. salt, garlic, scallions and lemon juice in a food processor several times until coarsely pureed. Add water, a tablespoon at a time, until puree just comes together. Toss shrimp with 1 Tbsp. olive oil and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper.
Place a rack 4 to 5 inches from heat source and preheat broiler. Brush bread slices with remaining 1 Tbsp. oil and sprinkle with salt. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Broil until bread turns golden, watching carefully to prevent burning, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Flip bread and toast other side until lightly golden, another minute or so. Spread edamame mixture on oiled side of bread, top with shrimp and herbs, if desired, and serve.