This was a nice change of pace from a typical green salad. I served it alongside grilled steaks. I only had a cup and a half of edamame on hand so I increased the diced red bell pepper to compensate. Will be making again.
In the spirit of East-West fusion, Italian orzo pasta is tossed with Japanese edamame for a simple side dish. Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 210
- Calories from fat: 43%
- Protein: 8.9g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Sodium: 248mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- Cook edamame and orzo according to package directions; drain. Combine edamame, orzo, bell pepper, oil, lemon juice, garlic, lemon zest, and salt. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note