Edamame Mashed Potatoes
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 230
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 31.1g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 570mg
- Calcium: 70mg
- 1 1/2 cups frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans)
- 2 1/2 cups cubed peeled baking potato (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash of ground white pepper
- 1. Cook edamame in boiling water 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2. Place potato, chicken broth, and water in a large saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 12 minutes or until tender. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- 3. Place edamame in a food processor; process until finely chopped. With processor on, slowly pour reserved cooking liquid through food chute, processing until smooth.
- 4. Place edamame mixture, potato, milk, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Mash with a potato masher to desired consistency.
- For baby: Serve spoonfuls in a small bowl or on a rimmed plate.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Edamame Mashed Potatoes Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables