- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen shelled edamame
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint, plus additional for garnish
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) baguette, thinly sliced
- 1-2 large Bartlett pears, peeled and diced
- calories 241
- fat 8.9 g
- satfat 1.7 g
- monofat 4.4 g
- polyfat 0.6 g
- cholesterol 16 mg
- protein 12 g
- carbohydrate 29 g
- sugars 2 g
- fiber 4 g
- iron 4 mg
- sodium 445 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Cook edamame in salted boiling water for 10 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon, and place in ice water; drain. Set aside 1/4 cup whole edamame; process the remainder in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Combine mashed edamame with reserved whole edamame, 3 tablespoons oil, 1 cup mint, cheese, salt, and pepper.
Place baguette slices on a baking sheet, brush lightly with remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and bake for 10 minutes. Top each baguette slice with 1 tablespoon edamame mixture and 2 teaspoons pear. Garnish with additional mint, if desired.