Echilada's with chicken and chili
I used to live in New Mexico and got hooked on enchilada's. Unfortunately in the Netherlands where I live now not a lot of people know how to make them, so I went to work on my own. Everyone I've served it to wants to have the recipe, even natives out of New Mexico. It's a lovely dish, a bit on the spicy side but what else can you expect from a Mexican dish. This will surely be a hit amongst everyone you serve it to.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 30 piece(s) small tortilla's
- 2 pound(s) chicken breasts
- 2 package(s) taco mix
- 2 ounce(s) green chilies
- 1 cup(s) sour cream
- 1 piece(s) onion
- 1 piece(s) tomato
- 2 bag(s) grated cheese
- 1. Slice the chicken into smaller pieces. Don’t make the pieces too small
- 2. Cut up the onion and tomato.
- 3. Put oil in the pan and pre-heat it. Also start pre-heating the oven at this point to about 350 degrees.
- 4. Take 1 bag of the taco mix and mix it together with the sour cream. Mix until you do not see any of the taco mix clearly.
- 5. Put the chicken in the frying pan and just fry it until it is done.
- 6. When the chicken is done, add the remaining bag of taco mix to the chicken and mix it well.
- 7. After a minute or 3 after adding the taco mix, add the onion and tomato.
- 8. Mix everything well and leave it for about 2-3 minutes.
- 9. Add the chili to the mix, and again mix everything well.
- 10. While you leave the food for about a minute of 5, start getting an oven scale, preferably a big one.
- 11. Make a floor of the tortillas, but don’t use more than 10 of them per layer.
- 12. Rub the mix of sour cream and taco mix over the tortillas. Try and get every part of the tortilla covered. After this put about 2/3 of the bag of cheese on it and spread it out.
- 13. Add the chicken mix on top of the cheese. Use about half of what you have total, so you can make another layer.
- 14. Repeat the steps 11-13 again.
- 15. Make another floor of tortillas. Add the sour cream mix and grated cheese, but not another layer of chicken, which you should have used all by now.
- 16. Put the oven tray in the oven for about 10 minutes. All cheese should be melted by now. If it hasn’t, leave it in for just a little bit longer.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Sluuge and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note