This was incredibly moist. Using the spice cake mix made it easy and gave it great flavor. The strips of zucchini running throughout gave it such a pretty presentation. I needed to cook mine longer than the recipe suggested.
Easy Zucchini Bread
More From Southern Living
Bake: 47 Minutes
Cool: 25 Minutes
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 (18.25-oz.) package spice cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (1 medium zucchini)
- 1. Place 2/3 cup pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 6 to 7 minutes or until pecans are lightly toasted, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Beat cake mix and next 3 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium, and beat 1 minute, stopping to scrape bottom and down sides of bowl as needed. Stir in zucchini and 2/3 cup toasted pecans. Pour batter evenly into 2 (9- x 5-inch) lightly greased loaf pans. Sprinkle remaining 1/3 cup pecans evenly over batter.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire rack, and let cool 15 minutes before slicing.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Spice Cake Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note