Easy Weeknight Lo Mein
Community Recipe from
- 2 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) honey
- 1 teaspoon(s) toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon(s) ginger grated
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 8 ounce(s) chicken breasts grilled or rotisserie
- 8 ounce(s) whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 carrots shredded
- 4 cup(s) cabbage thinly sliced
- 2 green onions sliced
- For the Sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon hot chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- For the Lo Mein
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 ounces grilled chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces (I had previously grilled it and it was leftover. You could use rotisserie as well)
- 8 ounces dry whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 4 cups cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Step by step
- Prepare the spaghetti noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- While your noodles are cooking, whisk all the ingredients for the sauce in a small pan.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat.
- Let it cook till it thickens a bit.
- Remove from heat.
- Now, the rest of this will move fast. Make sure all your ingredients are ready to go. Okay? Here we go.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat.
- Add the cabbage and carrots. Stir it or flip it all fancy in the wok if you know how.
- Continue cooking the veggies for a few minutes, till tender crisp.
- Throw in the chicken and noodles and toss to combine.
- Pour the sauce over the top and use tongs to move the ingredients around to make sure they all get coated in sauce. You also want to make sure everything gets heated through. This will take a couple minutes. Make sure you keep moving everything around so it doesn't burn.
- Remove from heat and serve! Top with some extra green onions or sesame seeds if you like!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by TerraMS and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Easy Weeknight Lo Mein Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes