Easy Vegetable Chowder
Photo: Ralph Anderson; Styling: Mary Lyn Hill Jenkins
Yield: 6 cups
- 11 new potatoes
- 2 large carrots
- 1 large onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans condensed Cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 4 cups water
- 1 (1.15-ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- Garnishes: whole or sliced green onions, shredded Cheddar cheese
- Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes and carrots into 1/2-inch slices; coarsely chop onion.
- Sauté vegetables in hot oil in a Dutch oven until tender.
- Stir together Cheddar cheese soup and next 3 ingredients until blended; add to vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup sliced green onions just before serving. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note