Easy Vegetable Broth
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 14
- Calories from fat: 5%
- Protein: 0.6g
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 3g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 19mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 2 large leeks, white and light green parts only, roughly chopped, rinsed well
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1. Put all ingredients in a large pot and add 4 qts. water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until broth is reduced by half, 2 1/2 to 3 hours; at the beginning, spoon off any foam that forms on top.
- 2. Pour mixture through a strainer into a bowl and let broth cool; discard vegetables.
- 3. Use broth, or ladle it into qt.-size freezer bags or containers (great for soup) or ice cube trays (handy for sauces) and freeze up to 6 months; transfer cubes to bags once they're solid.
Nutritional analysis is per cup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews