This gravy is outstanding! It came out perfectly! And the flavors from the Herb-Roasted Turkey: spices, carrots, onions, celery and white wine gave it soooo much wonderful flavor! This should be a 10 star gravy recipe!
Easy Turkey Gravy
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Heather Chadduck
Yield: Makes about 6 cups
More From Southern Living
Total: 25 Minutes
- Reserved pan drippings from Herb-Roasted Turkey
- Chicken broth (up to 2 1/2 cups), divided
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1. Pour pan drippings through a wire-mesh strainer into a large measuring cup, discarding solids. Add broth to equal 3 cups.
- 2. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; whisk in flour, and cook, whisking constantly, 10 to 12 minutes or until smooth and light brown. (Mixture should be the color of peanut butter.) Gradually whisk in drippings mixture. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until thickened. Add up to 1/2 cup broth for desired consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Recipe brought to the table by chef Frank Stitt of Highlands Bar and Grill in Birmingham, Alabama.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments