Easy tomato soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 3 cup(s) sweet onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced garlic
- 4 cup(s) low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can(s) 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 pinch(s) saffron (large)
- 1 teaspoon(s) coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) orzo
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream
- Heat oil on medium. Add onions and cook on medium low for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden brown. Add garlic; cook one minute. Stir in broth, tomatoes, saffron, salt and pepper. Bring to boil and simmer 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook orzo. Drain and add to soup. Stir in cream; return to simmer on low and cook 10 more minutes, stirring frequently.
- 268 calories per serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by PeggyCourtright and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Easy tomato soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews