Easy Toffee Candy
- 1 1/4 cup(s) (2 1/2 sticks) butter divided
- 35-40 soda crackers
- 1 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1 can(s) (14 ounces) Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cup(s) (9 ounces) semi sweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup(s) chopped walnuts optional
- PREHEAT oven to 425° F. Line 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan with heavy-duty foil.
- MELT 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter in medium saucepan. Pour into prepared jelly-roll pan. Arrange crackers over butter, breaking crackers to fit empty spaces.
- MELT remaining butter in same saucepan; add sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in sweetened condensed milk. Pour over crackers.
- BAKE for 10 to 12 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and slightly darkened. Remove from oven; cool for 1 minute.
- SPRINKLE with morsels. Let stand for 5 minutes or until morsels are shiny; spread evenly. Sprinkle with nuts; press into chocolate. Cool in pan on wire rack for 30 minutes. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. Remove foil; cut into pieces.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mbusque and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Easy Toffee Candy Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts