Easy Spicy Caesar Salad
More From Southern Living
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cored
- 1 1/4 cups creamy-style Caesar dressing
- 1 jalapeño pepper, quartered and unseeded
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime or lemon juice
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 (5.5-ounce) package gourmet Caesar croutons
- Garnish: Parmesan cheese shavings
- Separate lettuce into leaves; wash and pat dry with paper towels. Stack 5 leaves, and roll up tightly, beginning at 1 long end; cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces, making strips.
- Process Caesar dressing, jalapeño pepper with seeds, and lime juice in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Place romaine strips and 2/3 cup shredded cheese in a large bowl; drizzle with dressing mixture, and gently toss until coated. Sprinkle with croutons, and serve immediately. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Wishbone Creamy Caesar dressing for a sweeter flavor and Ken's Steak House Creamy Caesar dressing for a tangier flavor. For the gourmet croutons, we used Cardini's Gourmet Cut Caesar Croutons.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads