Easy Smoked Cheddar
Yield: Makes 2 (16-ounce) blocks
- Hickory wood chips
- 2 (16-ounce) blocks Cheddar cheese
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Soak wood chips in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare charcoal fire in smoker; let burn 15 to 20 minutes.
- Place 1 cheese block on top of the other; coat with cooking spray. Place lengthwise in center of a 24-inch piece of cheesecloth. Tightly wrap cheesecloth around stacked cheese. Place wrapped cheese crosswise in center of another 24-inch piece cheesecloth; tightly wrap.
- Drain chips, and place on coals. Place water pan in smoker; add water to depth of fill line. Place wrapped cheese, seam side down, on upper food rack; cover with smoker lid.
- Cook cheese 2 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Easy Smoked Cheddar Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Appetizers