I love this recipe. I use it when I have to work late and need something ready when I get home. I don't add the veggies, just my preference. It is still a good recipe and so easy. My family LOVES it!!!!!!!!!
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings
This is one of my standby camping meals (when in the trailer and can use my crockpot). I love it because it is so simple and it seems to be the top request from my camping buddies. It's easy to modify as well so add/remove ingredients as you feel fit, it comes out like a stew, so cut your veggies into the size of chunks you like best, I like mine pretty hearty.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 pound(s) Chicken Breast or Thighs Cubed
- 1 med. onion finely diced
- 2 carrots chunked
- 2-3 celery stalks chopped
- 2 baking potatoes chunked
- 3 can(s) cream of chicken soup
- 1 can(s) chicken broth
- 1 cup(s) frozen peas (or small bag)
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 package(s) premade buttermilk biscuits chunked
- 1. In a large Crock Pot, Cook the following on High for 1 hour:
- - Chicken Chunks
- - Potato Chunks
- - Diced Onion
- - Cream of Chicken Soup
- - Chicken broth
- - Season to taste (Salt & Pepper - I also use Johnny's seasoning or Trader Joe's "21 seasoning salute")
- 2. Turn the pot down to medium, Add Carrot and Celery Chunks and cook for about 4 hours.
- 3. Cut the raw biscuits into dumpling sized pieces (about an inch, again to your preference) If you prefer, you can use your own scratch biscuit recipe. I use the premade biscuits for convenience when camping.
- 4. Once the stew seems finished (i.e. chicken is cooked and potatoes/carrots are tender) add the raw biscuit pieces in a single layer on the top - do not stir. For best results the stew should be bubbly hot.
- 5. Let the biscuits cook for about 15 minutes and then stir-in the frozen peas. Turn off the pot and let sit with the lid off until the stoup is at an edible temp the peas will cook quickly and aid in the cooling process.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MtHoodMomma and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note