- 1 (4-lb.) boneless top chuck roast
- 2 teaspoons fajita seasoning
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 (14 1/2-oz.) cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
How to Make It
Rub both sides of roast evenly with fajita seasoning.
Cook roast in hot oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until browned on all sides.
Combine stewed tomatoes and 2 cups water; pour over roast in Dutch oven. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 4 hours or until roast is tender. Remove roast, and shred using 2 forks.
Skim fat from tomato liquid in Dutch oven, and discard. Stir shredded beef into tomato liquid.
Combine rice and parsley. Serve beef mixture over rice.