Follow the directions on cooking times perfectly and you will have a moist chicken breast. I make sure I use a nice quality mustard for great flavor. Fairly easy recipe for a weeknight.
Maureen Clancy, the author of this story, developed an easier and lighter version of Wiener schnitzel after her two college-aged sons discovered the dish on a trip abroad. Serve with a tossed salad of mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber, and onion.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 328
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 8.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 45.3g
- Carbohydrate: 16.7g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 153mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 636mg
- Calcium: 85mg
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 lemon wedges (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl. Combine mustard and egg in a shallow dish. Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley, chives, and garlic in a shallow dish. Dredge 1 chicken breast half in flour, turning to coat; shake off excess flour. Dip in egg mixture; dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken, flour, egg mixture, and breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sauté 2 1/2 minutes or until browned. Remove from heat. Turn chicken over; place pan in oven. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until chicken is done. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note