:-( Where's the tangy dill sauce recipe? But other than that ... they were great & above all easy!
Easy Salmon Cakes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh parsley
- 15 ounce(s) canned salmon, drained or 1 1/2 cups cooked salmon
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) dijon mustard
- 1 3/4 cup(s) fresh whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
- creamy dill sause (optional)
- 1.Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- 2.Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery; cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in parsley; remove from the heat.
- 3.Place salmon in a medium bowl. Flake apart with a fork; remove any bones and skin. Add egg and mustard; mix well. Add the onion mixture, breadcrumbs and pepper; mix well. Shape the mixture into 8 patties, about 2 1/2 inches wide.
- 4.Heat remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in the pan over medium heat. Add 4 patties and cook until the undersides are golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Using a wide spatula, turn them over onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining patties.
- 5.Bake the salmon cakes until golden on top and heated through, 15 to 20 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare Creamy Dill Sauce. Serve salmon cakes with sauce and lemon wedges.
- Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 3. Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
- Tip: To make fresh breadcrumbs: Trim crusts from firm sandwich bread. Tear the bread into pieces and process in a food processor until coarse crumbs form. One slice makes about 1/3 cup.
- Per serving: 324 calories; 10 g fat ( 1 g sat , 3 g mono ); 129 mg cholesterol; 21 g carbohydrates; 31 g protein; 7 g fiber; 585 mg sodium; 97 mg potassium.
- Nutrition Bonus: 27% dv fiber, 171 mg calcium (15% dv).
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1
- Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 3 1/2 lean protein, 1 fat
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Sweetnlow257 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note