:-( Where's the tangy dill sauce recipe? But other than that ... they were great & above all easy!
Easy Salmon Cakes
Community Recipe from
- 3 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh parsley
- 15 ounce(s) canned salmon, drained or 1 1/2 cups cooked salmon
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) dijon mustard
- 1 3/4 cup(s) fresh whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
- creamy dill sause (optional)
- 1.Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- 2.Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery; cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in parsley; remove from the heat.
- 3.Place salmon in a medium bowl. Flake apart with a fork; remove any bones and skin. Add egg and mustard; mix well. Add the onion mixture, breadcrumbs and pepper; mix well. Shape the mixture into 8 patties, about 2 1/2 inches wide.
- 4.Heat remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in the pan over medium heat. Add 4 patties and cook until the undersides are golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Using a wide spatula, turn them over onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining patties.
- 5.Bake the salmon cakes until golden on top and heated through, 15 to 20 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare Creamy Dill Sauce. Serve salmon cakes with sauce and lemon wedges.
- Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 3. Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
- Tip: To make fresh breadcrumbs: Trim crusts from firm sandwich bread. Tear the bread into pieces and process in a food processor until coarse crumbs form. One slice makes about 1/3 cup.
- Per serving: 324 calories; 10 g fat ( 1 g sat , 3 g mono ); 129 mg cholesterol; 21 g carbohydrates; 31 g protein; 7 g fiber; 585 mg sodium; 97 mg potassium.
- Nutrition Bonus: 27% dv fiber, 171 mg calcium (15% dv).
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1
- Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 3 1/2 lean protein, 1 fat
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Sweetnlow257 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes