This might be good gravy but it is not red-eye gravy...there is no flour in red eye gravy
Easy Redeye Gravy
More From Southern Living
- 6 frozen biscuits
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 biscuit-size country ham slices
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1. Prepare frozen biscuits according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ham, and cook 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned; remove ham.
- 3. Add flour to skillet; cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Add brewed coffee, brown sugar, and 1/2 cup water. Cook, whisking constantly, 3 minutes or until thickened; return ham slices to skillet. Stir in salt, pepper, and, if desired, hot sauce.
- 4. Split warm biscuits in half. Top bottom halves with ham slices. Pour gravy over ham; cover with remaining biscuit halves. Serve immediately.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used White Lily Southern Style and Buttermilk Frozen Biscuit Dough.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch