- 6 frozen biscuits
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 biscuit-size country ham slices
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
How to Make It
Prepare frozen biscuits according to package directions.
Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ham, and cook 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned; remove ham.
Add flour to skillet; cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Add brewed coffee, brown sugar, and 1/2 cup water. Cook, whisking constantly, 3 minutes or until thickened; return ham slices to skillet. Stir in salt, pepper, and, if desired, hot sauce.
Split warm biscuits in half. Top bottom halves with ham slices. Pour gravy over ham; cover with remaining biscuit halves. Serve immediately.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used White Lily Southern Style and Buttermilk Frozen Biscuit Dough.