My husband and I thought this dish was pretty darn good for the effort involved, and it tasted healthier than our usual homemade lasagna. We would definitely make it again. The whole wheat spinach ricotta ravioli is not easy to find - I checked Trader Joe's, Ralph's and Target for something similar and didn't find it. So I made a trip to Whole Foods, as the recipe suggested, and found it there. I baked the lasagna in the same oven-proof skillet in which I did the initial preparation, which worked great.
Easy Ravioli Lasagna
With ricotta cheese and spinach already tucked inside each ravioli, this is a shortcut way to a well-rounded lasagna. Classic meat sauce makes it über family-friendly.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 53 Minutes
- Calories: 397
- Fat: 14.7g
- Saturated fat: 5.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 22g
- Carbohydrate: 42.6g
- Fiber: 7.4g
- Cholesterol: 46mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 666mg
- Calcium: 390mg
- Cooking spray
- 4 ounces hot pork Italian sausage
- 4 ounces 90% lean ground sirloin
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups lower-sodium marinara sauce (such as Dell'Amore)
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (22-ounce) bag frozen whole-wheat spinach and cheese ravioli (such as Whole Foods 365 Everyday Value)
- 3 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 ounce Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated (about 1/4 cup)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add sausage, beef, and garlic; cook 4 minutes or until meat is browned, stirring frequently to crumble. Stir in marinara sauce, salt, and pepper; bring just to a simmer. Remove from heat. Stir in frozen ravioli; toss to combine.
- 3. Coat an 8-inch square broiler-safe glass or ceramic baking dish with cooking spray. Spoon ravioli mixture into pan; top evenly with mozzarella cheese. Cover dish tightly with foil coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 40 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle evenly with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- 4. Preheat broiler (leave dish in oven). Broil 3 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note