WOW! This is delicious, comes together easily, and in the end, does not disappoint. I must admit, I did not prepare the grits patties, but took a shortcut, preparing the grits as usual, stirring in the Parmesan and then serving. Just for fun, I will try the patties someday when I have more time. I also used only 1 lb. of pork, but since I'm trying to increase the veggies these days, that worked for me. Try this recipe! It has great flavor!
Easy Pork Grillades Over Panko-Crusted Grits Patties
Photo: Tina Cornett; Styling: Lindsey Ellis Beatty
More From Southern Living
- Panko-Crusted Grits Patties
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless pork loin chops
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes with garlic and onion
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon chopped fresh or 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. dried crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Prepare Panko-Crusted Grits Patties; keep warm.
- 2. Trim fat from pork chops, and cut pork crosswise into thin strips. Combine flour and Old Bay seasoning; dredge pork in flour mixture.
- 3. Cook half of pork in 2 Tbsp. hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- 4. Repeat procedure with 1 Tbsp. oil and remaining pork. Remove pork from skillet.
- 5. Sauté celery and bell peppers in remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in skillet 30 seconds. Add mushrooms, and sauté 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and next 5 ingredients; cook over medium heat 5 minutes. Add pork; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Serve over Panko-Crusted Grits Patties.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes