I love quick and easy meals like this. It was very good and we had plenty of left-overs for lunch the next day. The only recommendation I would have for this dish and plan on doing the next time I make it is to cook the rice the day before. Day-old rice is always the best in fried rice recipes.
Quick and Easy Pork Fried Rice
More From Cooking Light
Total: 20 Minutes
- Calories: 302
- Fat: 10.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Protein: 16.4g
- Carbohydrate: 36g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 467mg
- Calcium: 52mg
- 2 (8.5-ounce) pouches precooked basmati rice
- 1/4 cup lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless pork shoulder (Boston butt), trimmed and thinly sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced green onions, divided
- 1. Heat rice according to package directions.
- 2. Combine soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, and hoisin in a bowl. Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil; swirl to coat. Add pork to pan in a single layer; cook 2 minutes, without stirring. Stir-fry pork for 4 minutes or until done. Add pork to soy sauce mixture; toss to coat.
- 3. Add egg to pan; cook 45 seconds or until set. Remove egg from pan; cut into bite-sized pieces.
- 4. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add bell pepper, edamame, and 1/2 cup onions; stir-fry 1 minute. Add rice; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add pork and soy sauce mixture; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Top rice mixture with egg and remaining onions.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note