Made this exactly as the recipe called for and we loved it. I served it with store bought chicken eggs rolls that heated in the oven as I cooked the recipe. Also bought some chicken wings already cooked and hot from the local grocery store. Will make again for sure!
Quick and Easy Pork Fried Rice
More From Cooking Light
Total: 20 Minutes
- Calories: 302
- Fat: 10.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Protein: 16.4g
- Carbohydrate: 36g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 467mg
- Calcium: 52mg
- 2 (8.5-ounce) pouches precooked basmati rice
- 1/4 cup lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless pork shoulder (Boston butt), trimmed and thinly sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced green onions, divided
- 1. Heat rice according to package directions.
- 2. Combine soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, and hoisin in a bowl. Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil; swirl to coat. Add pork to pan in a single layer; cook 2 minutes, without stirring. Stir-fry pork for 4 minutes or until done. Add pork to soy sauce mixture; toss to coat.
- 3. Add egg to pan; cook 45 seconds or until set. Remove egg from pan; cut into bite-sized pieces.
- 4. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add bell pepper, edamame, and 1/2 cup onions; stir-fry 1 minute. Add rice; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add pork and soy sauce mixture; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Top rice mixture with egg and remaining onions.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note