I thought this was wonderful! I made it in the evening and put it in lunches the next day. I didn't measure the ingredients - just eyeballed it so probably went a little heavy on the vinegar and capers but I thought it gave a nice tang. The next day I added feta cheese to create a little different taste
Easy Penne and Tuna Salad
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 310
- Fat: 8.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 21.4g
- Carbohydrate: 36.3g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 556mg
- Calcium: 34mg
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 4 quarts water
- 2 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 6 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups coarsely chopped arugula
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (7.8-ounce) jar premium tuna packed in oil (such as Ortiz), drained and flaked
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Cut bell pepper in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 15 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 15 minutes. Peel and chop.
- 3. Bring 4 quarts water and 2 teaspoons salt to a boil in a large saucepan. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting additional salt and fat. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain well.
- 4. Combine bell pepper, pasta, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, arugula, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; toss well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This