Easy Peasy Pretzels
Toppings: Kosher salt, Parmesan cheese, sesame seeds, cinnamon/sugar (optional), mustard.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 package(s) 1/4 oz or 2 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cup(s) warm water (110 to 115 degrees)
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 4 cup(s) all purpose flour
- 1 egg beaten in separate bowl
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add sugar and salt, and mix. Let stand until creamy, about 5-10 minutes.
- 2. Add 3 cups flour and combine. Add 1/2 to 1 cup more flour as needed until dough is no longer wet and sticky.
- 3. Knead dough 5-8 minutes on a lightly floured board until smooth and elastic.
- 4. Lightly oil a large bowl, place dough in bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until double in size, about 1 hour.
- 5. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 6. Punch dough down. Divide into 10 pieces and create "logs" about 8 inches in length. Form into pretzel twists or shapes as desired (letters, sticks, etc.)
- 7. Place on parchment lined baking sheets. Brush with egg and sprinkle with topping of choice.
- 8. Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 9. Serve with mustard for dipping.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LMStone61 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Easy Peasy Pretzels Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Snacks