I have reduced sugar for half of cup and it was still so sweet that I could not eat it. I think 3/4 cup would be more than enough.
Easy Peach Cobbler
"This is by far the best peach cobbler recipe I've found. It tastes more like the peach cobblers my mother and grandmother made. The dessert recipe is simple to make and all the ingredients are readily available. If friends or family are coming by, I can prepare this dessert, pop it in the oven and wait for the oohs and aahs as my guests are welcomed to our home by the warm aroma of fresh-baked peach cobbler." –Member Review
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups fresh peach slices
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Ground cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)
- Melt butter in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt; add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter over butter (do not stir).
- Bring remaining 1 cup sugar, peach slices, and lemon juice to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly; pour over batter (do not stir). Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
- Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve cobbler warm or cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note