Delicious! The only suggestion is to melt the butter in the baking dish while the oven is heating up but watch they the butter doesn't get too brown. Fresh ripe peaches make this a truly easy cobbler.
Easy Peach Cobbler
Yield: 10 servings
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups fresh peach slices
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Ground cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)
- Melt butter in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt; add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter over butter (do not stir).
- Bring remaining 1 cup sugar, peach slices, and lemon juice to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly; pour over batter (do not stir). Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
- Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve cobbler warm or cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note