My mom taught me this recipe decades ago with a couple of changes!! I use self rising flour in order to eliminate the baking powder and salt. I use 2C of self rising flour, 2 C of sugar, and 2C of milk because this family likes the cake like texture. I've used a large can of sliced peaches or fresh fruit that is in season such as strawberries, blueberries, or even blackberries!! Use your imagination, you may come up with a real winner!!!
Easy Peach Cobbler
Yield: 10 servings
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups fresh peach slices
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Ground cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)
- Melt butter in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt; add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter over butter (do not stir).
- Bring remaining 1 cup sugar, peach slices, and lemon juice to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly; pour over batter (do not stir). Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
- Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve cobbler warm or cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note