wonderful recipe and a hit with company. Someone wrote that they added chopped pecans to the batter and we enjoyed it too. I also added 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and 1 tsp vanilla into the batter. I used fresh peaches and the full amount of sugar. (will add other fruits in the future, sounds like an easy recipe to tweak to your liking)
Easy Peach Cobbler
Yield: 10 servings
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups fresh peach slices
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Ground cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)
- Melt butter in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt; add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter over butter (do not stir).
- Bring remaining 1 cup sugar, peach slices, and lemon juice to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly; pour over batter (do not stir). Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
- Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve cobbler warm or cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note