This cobbler is so easy to make and gets rave reviews from everyone that eats it. I make this in the winter using a qt of peaches (I can them in light syrup). I add all of the juice from the qt and about 1/3 c of sugar. When I use fresh peaches, I add 1/2 c of sugar to the peaches. This is a great recipe to split into 2 8x8 disposable pans to give to friends and neighbors as a thank you or 'just because'.
Easy Peach Cobbler
Yield: 10 servings
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups fresh peach slices
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Ground cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)
- Melt butter in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt; add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter over butter (do not stir).
- Bring remaining 1 cup sugar, peach slices, and lemon juice to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly; pour over batter (do not stir). Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
- Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve cobbler warm or cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note