I started this recipe and realized I didn't have all of the ingredients. First I doubled the ham b/c I used a spiral cut which was thin. I still feel I could have used more. I didn't have cheddar so I added 8oz or so of Velveeta into the milk mixture. I had a bit more noodles and I used crushed veggie Ritz crackers in place of pretzels. I thought it was excellent and is a very versatile recipe. It will be my go to casserole for leftover ham, turkey, chicken and I may also try tuna.
Easy Noodle Bake with Ham and Peas
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 641
- Fat: 40g
- Saturated fat: 24g
- Protein: 24g
- Carbohydrate: 47g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 178mg
- Sodium: 146mg
- 3 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (10 oz.) box frozen baby peas (2 1/2 cups)
- 4 ounces boiled ham, cut into small cubes (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pretzels
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly butter a 1 1/2- to 2-quart baking dish.
- Cook noodles according to package directions and drain in a colander; do not rinse noodles.
- While noodles cook, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir milk and cornstarch together in a large cup; whisk into saucepan with onion and cook, whisking, until boiling. Whisk in cream and continue to cook, whisking, until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir noodles, peas, ham and salt into sauce mixture, season with pepper and scrape into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle pretzels and Cheddar on top and bake until bubbly and golden on top, about 20 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles