Easy Mushroom Puffs
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 1 Hour
- 1 (8-ounce) container garlic-and-herb cream cheese (we tested with Philadelphia Swirls)
- 2 (4.5-ounce) jars sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Freshly ground pepper (optional)
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl; cover and chill 1 hour.
- Roll 1 sheet puff pastry into a 16" x 10" rectangle. Cut pastry in half lengthwise. Spread one-fourth of filling (about 1/2 cup) down center of each rectangle. Whisk together egg and water, and brush edges of pastry with egg wash. Fold pastry in half lengthwise over filling; seal edges of pastry with a fork. Cut each pastry into 10 pieces, and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Repeat procedure with remaining sheet puff pastry and filling. Brush remaining egg wash over top of pastries and, if desired, sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Make Ahead: Filling can be made up to 2 days ahead and chilled.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This