I made these for a large group and they were a huge hit! Here's what I used: 3 dozen dinner rolls (baked 6 together, kind of like Hawaiian rolls), 32 oz. olive mix, one pound of ham, and 1/2 pound of turkey, 1 pack of turkey pepperoni, 18 slices of swiss, 12 slices of provolone. The number of slices will depend on how big each slice is. Leaving the rolls in tact, cut the top off and remove top layer. Spread olive mix on the bottom bun, then add meats & cheeses over the whole thing , then another tablespoon of olive mix on on each, and put the tops back on. Wrap in foil. I took 6 big foil pouches (of 6 sandwiches each) to the meeting place and baked them when I got there. They were done in 9 minutes. Then, slice between the buns to separate and serve.
Easy Mini Muffulettas
Ralph Anderson; Mindi Shapiro Levine
Yield: Makes 12 servings
More From Southern Living
Bake: 16 Minutes
- 1 (32-oz.) jar Italian olive salad
- 12 small deli rolls, cut in half
- 12 thin Swiss cheese slices
- 12 thin deli ham slices
- 12 thin provolone cheese slices
- 12 Genoa salami slices
- 1. Spread 1 Tbsp. olive salad evenly over each cut side of roll bottoms. Top each with 1 Swiss cheese slice, 1 ham slice, 1 Tbsp. olive salad, 1 provolone cheese slice, 1 salami slice, and 1 Tbsp. olive salad. Cover with roll tops, and wrap sandwiches together in a large piece of aluminum foil. Place on a baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 14 to 16 minutes or until cheeses are melted.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Boscoli Italian Olive Salad.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note