My family loved this recipe tonight! I will definitely make it for my kids when they come home from college. Great comfort food and very easy to prepare. The IPhone version for this recipe on myrecipes.com is a little different because it says to heat the first 6 ingredients on the stove. Then, combine the soups and enchilada sauce separately and also heat in a sauce pan on the stove. The layering steps are basically the same. I followed these stovetop directions from the IPhone in an attempt to better blend the ingredients by heating. This online recipe says to combine the first six ingredients in a large mixing bowl and, in a different bowl, combine the soups and enchilada sauce, then layer. You could compare the two and see which one was most convenient. Either way would probably work out great!!! We topped each serving with diced avocado, salsa, shredded lettuce and sour cream. Yum!
Easy Mexican Lasagna
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10-oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10-oz.) can enchilada sauce
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 12 (6-inch) fajita-size corn tortillas, cut into (1-inch) strips
- 1 cup (4 oz.) low-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Toppings: shredded lettuce, light sour cream, chunky mild salsa, jalapeño pepper slices
- Stir together first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir together soups and enchilada sauce in a small bowl.
- Spoon one-third of soup mixture into a 13- x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with one-third of tortilla strips. Spoon one-third of soup mixture and half of chicken mixture over tortillas; sprinkle with half of Cheddar cheese. Top with one-third tortilla strips; repeat layers once with remaining soup mixture, chicken, Cheddar cheese, and tortilla strips, ending with tortillas. Sprinkle evenly with Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until lasagna is bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve with desired toppings.
- Note: Nutritional analysis does not include toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note