This recipe serves 12 - to achieve 358 calories per serving.
Easy Mexican Lasagna
This "Mexican lasagna" is a cheesy chicken-and-tortilla casserole that's sure to be a family favorite in no time.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 40 Minutes
- Calories: 358
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 11.6g
- Saturated fat: 4.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 30g
- Carbohydrate: 34g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 1332mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup canned diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10-ounce) can enchilada sauce
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 9 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 cup (4 ounces) low-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Toppings: shredded lettuce, nonfat sour cream, mild chunky salsa
- Cook first 6 ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Stir together chicken and mushroom soups and enchilada sauce in a saucepan; cook, stirring often, 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Spoon one-third of sauce into a 13- x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with 3 tortillas. Spoon half of chicken mixture and one-third of sauce over tortillas; sprinkle with half of Cheddar cheese. Top with 3 tortillas; repeat layers once with remaining chicken, sauce, Cheddar cheese, and tortillas, ending with tortillas. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30 to 40 minutes or until lasagna is bubbly. Serve with desired toppings.
- *To lower sodium, choose reduced-sodium soups, canned tomato products, and cheeses.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note