1. In a small bowl, combine all the rub ingredients and mix well.
2. Heat oven to 200 degrees. Coat the ribs thoroughly with the rub, set them on baking sheet and roast until the meat is tender and pulls easily from the bone, about 3 hours. Remove ribs from the oven.
3. While the ribs are cooking, combine the sauce ingredients in a bowl, mix well and set aside.
4. When the ribs are nearly done, light a grill for low heat and set the grill rack as far as possible from the heat. When the ribs are done, put them on the grill until a light crust has formed, 10 to 20 minutes on each side. (The longer the ribs cook on the grill, the better.) Brush them with sauce during the last minute or two of cooking.
5. Cut the racks into individual ribs and serve with remaining sauce on the side.
Go to full version of