Easy Mac N' Cheese
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) Whole wheat pasta
- 1-2 cup(s) broccoli, peas pepperes or other veggies frozen or fresh
- 2-3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 whole(s) onion (small) chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) flour
- 3 cup(s) milk
- 1 cup(s) sharp cheddar shredded
- 1 cup(s) mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 8-12 ounce(s) chicken or ham
- 1/4 cup(s) bread crumbs
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2. Bring pot of water to boil and cook pasta according to package instructions. In last 2-3 minutes of cooking time, and add veggies to pot. Drain well. Set aside.
- 3. In a medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat, sprinkle flour and whisk until combined to look like oatmeal. Slowly whisk in milk, one cup at a time. Heat over medium heat until thickened and starting to boil, stirring constantly. Whisk in cinnamon, salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese.
- 4. Combine pasta, veggies, ham and cheese sauce in a 9x13 pan coated with cooking spray. Stir to coat. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- 5. You can cover with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator overnight or bake immediately for 30 minutes (until warmed through and bubbly).
This recipe is a personal recipe added by eroespar and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Easy Mac N' Cheese Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Casseroles
More Recipes for Main Dishes