I used four cloves of garlic and increased the onion - made the rest as directed and it turned out great! Simple and delicious!
Easy Linguine With White Clam Sauce
This healthy version of clam sauce and pasta features canned clams in a light sauce of butter, onion and garlic served over linguine or other pasta of your choice.
More From Health
- Calories: 595
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 58g
- Carbohydrate: 55g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 146mg
- Iron: 54mg
- Sodium: 475mg
- Calcium: 255mg
- 4 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 small finely chopped onion (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (6 1/2-ounce) cans chopped clams, drained, reserving 2 tablespoons juice
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan-Romano cheese, divided
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1. Cook the linguine according to the package directions. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the pasta water before draining.
- 2. While the pasta cooks, make the clam sauce: In a skillet over medium heat, warm the butter until hot, about 2 minutes. Sauté onion and garlic 1 minute. Add salt and pepper; continue to sauté another minute, or until onion is soft and garlic is fragrant but not browned. Add the drained chopped clams and reserved 2 tablespoons clam juice; stir gently to combine, and simmer.
- 3. Add reserved 2 tablespoons pasta water to the skillet with the sauce. Stir sauce, and continue to simmer 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 4. Toss the linguine with olive oil and divide between two bowls. Top each serving of pasta with half of the clam sauce, 1 tablespoon cheese, and a sprinkling of chopped scallion.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes