I used four cloves of garlic and increased the onion - made the rest as directed and it turned out great! Simple and delicious!
Easy Linguine With White Clam Sauce
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 595
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 58g
- Carbohydrate: 55g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 146mg
- Iron: 54mg
- Sodium: 475mg
- Calcium: 255mg
- 4 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 small finely chopped onion (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (6 1/2-ounce) cans chopped clams, drained, reserving 2 tablespoons juice
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan-Romano cheese, divided
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1. Cook the linguine according to the package directions. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the pasta water before draining.
- 2. While the pasta cooks, make the clam sauce: In a skillet over medium heat, warm the butter until hot, about 2 minutes. Sauté onion and garlic 1 minute. Add salt and pepper; continue to sauté another minute, or until onion is soft and garlic is fragrant but not browned. Add the drained chopped clams and reserved 2 tablespoons clam juice; stir gently to combine, and simmer.
- 3. Add reserved 2 tablespoons pasta water to the skillet with the sauce. Stir sauce, and continue to simmer 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 4. Toss the linguine with olive oil and divide between two bowls. Top each serving of pasta with half of the clam sauce, 1 tablespoon cheese, and a sprinkling of chopped scallion.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes